THE CORNERSTONE OF OUR OPERATIONS
It is our belief that all injuries and work-related illnesses can be prevented. With this in mind, our shared goal from upper management down to every last employee is simple – Zero Incidents.
At Kevson, we know that each person, from the newest crew member to the President, should be equally as accountable for safe work practices and creating a safe work place.
The personal safety and health of our employees is of primary importance. We believe that these individuals are important assets and that their safety and health at Kevson jobsites is our greatest responsibility. Occupational safety and health will not be compromised to the demands of project schedule, production or cost. Every employee deserves to work in a safe place and deserves to go home to their families every day after work.
Key Elements of Our Safety Program
- Identifying all safety requirements and costs in the initial job estimate.
- Involving our crews in creating Jobsite Hazard Analyses (JHAs) for all major work phases.
- Holding daily pre-work safety meetings to cover the work tasks, associated hazards, work procedures, equipment, and required PPE.
- Providing safety training applicable to the project scope of work.
- Holding weekly tool-box safety meetings.
- Conducting frequent safety evaluations of jobs by our Management Team.
- Establishing safety recognition programs.
- Mandating new employee orientation and training programs.
- Always following up with corrective measures through our accident and injury reporting system.
- Applying our Safety Violation/Misconduct Enforcement Program.
- Ensuring that insurance company Loss Control Specialists visit our jobsites and make recommendations where warranted.
- Using the Chesapeake Region Safety Council Consulting Services to strengthen our project safety and health programs.
- Partnering and coordinating with the client for job-wide safety and health efforts.